Any equipment requires constant maintenance in the form of scheduled preventive repairs (SPR) both during the warranty period and in the post-warranty period.
Scheduled preventive repair is carried out in a planned manner after a certain equipment operating time.
Thus, scheduled maintenance is routine maintenance, such as:
- replacement of oil, filters, belts;
replacement of wearing parts;
monitoring performance of the equipment units;
- scheduled adjustment of gaps, etc.
The purpose of SPR is to ensure readiness of the equipment to manufacture products. It also has a monetary value in the form of loss reduction associated with the equipment downtime.
Main stages of scheduled preventive repair of the equipment:
- Equipment inspection and diagnostics
- Identification and replacement of worn parts
- Maintenance of equipment operability
- Transfer of the conclusion about the equipment current condition and briefing the personnel on its maintenance and operation.